[News] USPTO Calls the Intangible "Tangible"

  • Subject: [News] USPTO Calls the Intangible "Tangible"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:15:31 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
USPTO calling data "tangible" result

,----[ Quote ]
| I want to see how data processing is producing tangible result. Mere
| processing a data produces new data. And data is not tangible.
`----

http://www.digitalmajority.org/forum/t-41760/uspto-calling-data-tangible-result

Also of intrest:

dcacm.org: Past Events

,----[ Quote ]
| Dr. Moglen states that free software is a fundamental requirement for a
| democratic and free society which is surrounded by and dependent upon
| technical devices. He asserts that only if the software controlling these
| devices is open to all can we balance power equally.
|
| His talk was about software patents: the danger that they present to a free
| society, to the free flow of information, and to future innovation.
`----

http://dcacm.org/announce.html

The system was corrupted.

Related:

Amazon Sneaks One-Click Past the Patent System

,----[ Quote ]
| By changing the word 'a' to 'the' and adding the phrase 'purchasable through
| a shopping cart model,' lawyers for Amazon.com have apparently managed to
| reinstate two of CEO Jeff Bezos' 1-Click Patent claims that were rejected a
| month earlier.
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/11/22/1756237&from=rss

Patent Reformers O'Reilly, Bezos Mum on 1-Click

,----[ Quote ]
| Equally untalkative was Bezos, who deflected questions on the damage done by
| Calveley's DIY legal effort, telling a Wall Street analyst to 'refer to our
| public filings' (although nothing on the subject appears in the 8-K and 10-Q
| filings).
`----

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/10/27/1144222&from=rss

USPTO Increases Scope Of Amazon's 1-Click Patent

,----[ Quote ]