Re: Microsoft Reassigns Several Top Executive

____/ Linonut on Saturday 16 February 2008 15:43 : \____

>> These people are leaving the company which lacks direction. Microsoft has
>> been trying to spin their departures in all sorts of ways. Meanwhile they
>> try to buy other companies to remain relevant, but the culture clash will
>> make things even worse.
>
>    http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8357
>
>    Linux for Suits - Independent Identity
>    July 28th, 2005 by Doc Searls
>
>    Microsoft is and will remain an issue. In October and November 2004,
>    Marc Canter and others wondered out loud about how we could ever
>    trust the company or its partners, such as Sun Microsystems. Craig
>    Burton acknowledged the problem in a December 4th blog posting:
>
>        Marc contends that people don't want to get locked into standards
>        owned by Microsoft or Sun. Kim wants to look beyond the past and
>        create a 'big bang' of distributed computing that would
>        eclipse the petty Microsoft bashing. In Marc's defense, Microsoft
>        is an unabashed bully. The leaders of Microsoft -- Bill Gates
>        and Steve Ballmer -- lead the bully behavior. I have personal
>        experience of this behavior from both of them. Microsoft doesn't
>        and isn't going to play fair anytime in the future -- in
>        general.
>
>    Perspective: Craig fought Microsoft when he was at Novell in the
>    1980s -- and usually won. One high-level Microsoft executive
>    told me years later that Craig was perhaps the only leader at a
>    competing company that truly understood how to compete and win
>    against Microsoft. Craig continues:
>
>        I say "in general" for a reason. There are good
>        people with vision and integrity at Microsoft. Kim Cameron is
>        one of those people. You can't go wrong working with Kim.
>        Further, it is just ludicrous to think that Microsoft is of
>        one voice and has an overarching plan with which to rule
>        everything always and forever....I have said before to Kim
>        that working at Microsoft is like working inside ten
>        tornadoes. I am changing that to a thousand tornadoes. Each
>        tornado (or hailstorm if you like) has its own path, thinking
>        and objective. They seldom cross paths and are too busy
>        dealing with the issues at hand to even talk to each other.
>        Microsoft is a thousand tornadoes deep.

I guess that Mr. Silverberg is no Kim then.

"I’d be glad to help tilt lotus into into the death spiral. I could do it
Friday afternoon but not Saturday. I could do it pretty much any time the
following week."

                --Brad Silverberg, Microsoft

I can't really think of a top senior, not even Gates with quotes like:

"Get me into that and goddam, we'll make so much money!"

                                --Bill Gates, Microsoft

Who actually make that company a fair competitor. Just think about SCO's CEO
and Microsoft's current CEO. It's a a Stalin-like regime. Meanwhile, Kempin
(OEM chief) is out there illegally shooting down antelopes, then arrested and
released with bail. There are many more examples.

When Linus Torvalds starts shooting animals for fun, let me know and I'll
switch to BSD or something. :-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
 02:00:01 up 23 days, 11:54,  3 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.07, 1.09