Re: Make up your mind, Roy! (was Re: [News] Blu-ray Win a Death of Microsoft XBox, a Win to Linux-ready PS3)

____/ RonB on Saturday 16 February 2008 20:48 : \____

> Tim Smith wrote:
>
>> Could you make up your mind, Roy?
>>
>> You say you are against DRM, but you seem happy that Blu-Ray is going to
>> win.  Blu-Ray has more DRM than HD-DVD.
>>
>> You say you are against companies using money to buy a market.  But Sony
>> dumped Blu-Ray players at well below cost, and made large payouts to
>> studios to get them to support Blu-Ray.

Tim, get back to the Windows/Microsoft newsgroups where you belong. You are
completely missing the point and bend backwards to discredit me. You can drop
the stalking, too.

> And HD-DVD didn't? Blu-Ray won on merit in the first place. If Parmount and
> Dreamworks hadn't been bribed at the last minute, HD-DVD would never have
> seen the light of day anyhow.

Yes, Microsoft is believe to have bribed with a $100,000,000 check. Nobody
knows who wrote the check, but Microsoft could not completely deny this when
asked by the NYT. With Blu-ray, PS3 will run over some rivals, notably XBox
360 with its peripherals. DRM _aside_.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows all-in-one: Word, IE (for E-mail) & iTunes
Tasks: 123 total,   2 running, 121 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie