Re: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of February, 2008.

____/ High Plains Thumper on Saturday 16 February 2008 13:06 : \____

> 7 wrote:
>> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>>> [H]omer wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Congrats, you just made these stats even more useless to
>>> pretty much everyone.  You should feel good about your slide
>>> into irrelevancy.  I know I feel good about it.
>>
>> Good for you and micoshaftees in general me thinks. All the
>> micoshaft sponsored troll posts are laid to waste by a simple
>> filter.
>
> [H]omer finally complied and posted the source to his statistics.
>   Now the trolls cannot complain that he did not do that.
>
> [Ho]mer's post is only one of many in this newsgroup, one can
> take or ignore at their leisure.  OTOH, Erik's slide into
> irrelevancy is his anti-Linux advocacy postings.

I am strongly in favour of [H]omer's stats. What many people here fail to
realise is that most of those whom he omits are serving a company.

Not to worry.

Within several years all these trolls will be as prevalent as advocates of OS/2
in 2008. Microsoft's lifeline is running short. The company's sharp profit
declines have emerged in this media more than a year ago.

A friend of mine that knows these things pretty well watched a documentary last
night about Enron. He reckons that with Microsoft's buybacks and dividends
Microsoft's future is as safe as SCO's future seemed back in August 2007
before it filed Chapter 11.

Everything seems calm before a storm when you have thousands of paid PR staff,
but Yahoo's/Microsoft's information about the bid said too much. Microsoft
hasn't just lost over half of its cash piles between 2004 and 2006 (2 years).
It is almost running out at the moment. Any big product over the horizon to
turn things around? Surely you jest.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    515500k total,   444576k used,    70924k free,     6832k buffers