[News] Timesys Improves Its Derivative Kernel, ATI R700 Gets ALSA HDMI Support

  • Subject: [News] Timesys Improves Its Derivative Kernel, ATI R700 Gets ALSA HDMI Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:24:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PXA270 Linux implementation updated

,----[ Quote ]
| Timesys has published a new 2.6.24 main line Linux kernel, and a new
| reference distribution for the Intel/Marvell PXA270. The Linux development
| publishers have also updated their website with a new look and feel, and
| posted a LinuxLink Radio episode on inter-process communication.

ATI R700 Series Gain ALSA HDMI Audio

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjMzNQ

Recent:

Kernel Rate of Change

,----[ Quote ]
| "I re-ran some statistics the other day on our kernel development rate, and
| changed my formula after Andrew accused me of severely undercounting the rate
| of change," noted Greg KH during a discussion about the stability of the
| Linux kernel while undergoing significant changes.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Kernel_Rate_of_Change

Related:

ALSA 1.0.16 Final Released

,----[ Quote ]
| In what equated to being a shorter development cycle than normal and with
| only two release candidates under its belt, ALSA 1.0.16 final has been
| released. ALSA 1.0.16-rc1 was released just two weeks ago followed by ALSA
| 1.0.16-rc2 last week and now this week is the final build.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjMyMQ

ALSA v1.0.15 Released

,----[ Quote ]