[News] Good Short Reviews of Linux Mint Xfce, Firefox 3

  • Subject: [News] Good Short Reviews of Linux Mint Xfce, Firefox 3
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:10:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Eight Distros a Week: Linux Mint Daryna 4.0 Xfce

,----[ Quote ]
| So while I have not tested Daryna extensively — and I don’t think that
| Daryna’s Xfce version is final and two days of fiddling does not qualify for
| a thorough test — I can say, at first look, that Daryna is both solid and
| impressive. I did not go the Compiz route on this one — as a self-proclaimed
| (and proud of it) “old guy,” I don’t mind having a desktop that is two
| dimensional and, if I had my druthers, they would all be 2-D — however with
| 256 MB of RAM under the hood, Daryna Xfce still works adequately and quickly
| on a Pentium III desktop.
`----

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2008/02/14/eight-distros-a-week-linux-mint-daryna-40-xfce/

Quick Review: Firefox 3 Beta 3

,----[ Quote ]
| This is only a quick review and there are still a lot of new features which I
| have not touched on yet. Nevertheless, I am pretty impressed with the changes
| and improvement. I can’t wait for the final release to be announced.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/quick-review-firefox-3-beta-3/2008/02/15

Opera (proprietary) makes progress also. The company also has antitrust
proceedings against Microsoft, doing this on behalf of many.

9.26 - coming soon!

,----[ Quote ]
| Stability fixes are coming your way! We are looking into releasing an update
| to Merlin: 9.26. It will address several stability issues, mainly on Mac
| where we have received several reports that we have been having trouble to
| reproduce.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2008/02/14/9-26-coming-soon

Related:

Linux Mint 3.0 Xfce Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux Mint is an Ubuntu-based distribution whose goal is to provide a more
| complete out-of-the-box experience by including browser plugins, media
| codecs, support for DVD playback, Java and other components. It is compatible
| with Ubuntu software repositories. The 3.0 Xfce edition was released on
| August 7, 2007. Some snapshots for Linux Mint can be found here, but these
| snapshots are not specific for Xfce.
`----

http://simplyjat.blogspot.com/2007/08/linux-mint-30-xfce-review.html

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux