[News] Mobile Linux as a Universal Platform

  • Subject: [News] Mobile Linux as a Universal Platform
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 02:17:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mobile World Congress: The final analysis

,----[ Quote ]
| Soon, it will no longer matter what handset you have if you want to use a
| certain application.
|
| It is likely that mobile Linux will play a major role in this shift. The goal
| of organisations like the LiMo Foundation is to standardise application
| development; operators want this because it means they can sell more services
| more quickly, and developers want it because it makes it more worthwhile to
| develop an application in the first place.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39292873,00.htm

Yesterday:

Enterprise Unix Roundup: Have Unix Your Way

,----[ Quote ]
| Love it or hate it, McDonald's revolutionized the restaurant industry by
| creating a standardized, assembly line-created product that does not vary
| from location to location. The company has, to put it succinctly,
| commoditized the hamburger.
|
| Which got me thinking: How long until someone finally figures out a way to
| really commoditize the server? And what will such a world look like?
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/eur/article.php/3727791

LiMo's Linux phone platform nears launch

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday, the Foundation will publish a beta version of the software's APIs
| (application programming interfaces) so that developers can begin writing
| applications to run on it.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/020408-limos-linux-phone-platform-nears.html

Azingo Launches Azingo Mobile, Industry's First Mobile Linux Platform Based on
LiMo Foundation Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Mobile Linux company Azingo, formerly Celunite, today announced Azingo
| Mobile, a comprehensive suite of open mobile software and services designed
| to help companies deliver web 2.0 applications, music, video, vivid graphics
| and more to a wide range of mobile phones
`----

http://www.centredaily.com/business/technology/story/367263.html

Linux Sees 'Astronomic' Growth in Mobile Devices

,----[ Quote ]