[News] Standards and Free Software Open the Door to Startups, Lower Barriers

  • Subject: [News] Standards and Free Software Open the Door to Startups, Lower Barriers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:17:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Going Mobile: The Year of the Smart Phone Startup

,----[ Quote ]
| This time, things will be a lot different, because while the platform is new,
| almost all of the trial and error on the business models has already
| occurred, the users are already trained to eat the dog food (as it were), the
| money is primed to flow, the standards are in place - and here's the really
| new twist - open source software has made the scene.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20080214181714496

Harnessing the Power of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Instantly I had access to:
|
|     * User registration with email activation
|     * Preventing brute force login attempts
|     * All the user preferences in phpBB (avatars, timezones, email
|       preferences, private messages and more)
|     * Forgot my password code for emailing out new passwords
|     * A full admin tool for administering users
`----

http://blog.indigio.com/index.php/2008/02/14/harnessing-the-power-of-open-source/

Related:

Philippine SMEs Still Unaware of How to Benefit from Open Source Technology

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fastpitchnetworking.com/pressrelease.cfm?PRID=2273