[News] Red Hat Focuses on New FOSS Projects While Recession Sweeps Proprietary World

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Focuses on New FOSS Projects While Recession Sweeps Proprietary World
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:11:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Red Hat unveils three new open-source projects

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has taken on a number of partners to complement its efforts,
| including Active Endpoints, Amberpoint, SeeWhy, SOA Software, Vitria
| Technology, Information Builders and iWay Software.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=216849851&rid=-50

Software Firms Face Recession Ripple Effect

,----[ Quote ]
| If the economic downturn hits the information technology sector, investors in
| business software companies are probably safe for one more quarter of
| earnings reports.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techstockupdate/10403419.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp;cm_cat=FREE&amp;cm_ite=NA
http://tinyurl.com/35tfgn

Yesterday:

Red Hat's JBoss dons Black Tie to target BEA Tuxedo

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Thursday revealed a JBoss middleware project aimed at displacing
| BEA's Tuxedo transaction-monitoring engine, which has a significant legacy
| install base.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/021408-red-hats-jboss-dons-black.html

Red Hat Announces Release of JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform is intended to maximize flexibility in a
| wide array of deployment scenarios from small-scale integration projects to
| enterprise-wide SOA integration. Built from leading open source projects such
| as JBoss ESB, JBoss jBPM and JBoss Rules, the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform
| offers a light-weight footprint and simple installation for low-cost
| operations. These leading open source projects bring the following
| capabilities to the JBoss Enterprise SOA Platform...
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080214/20080214005628.html?.v=1

Red Hat, Hyperic start open-source project

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Hyperic have formed an open-source project for developing a core
| set of IT infrastructure management capabilities, the companies announced
| Thursday.
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/02/14/Red-Hat-Hyperic-start-open-source-project_1.html

Two days ago:

Red Hat gunning for $1 billion in revenue

,----[ Quote ]
| Newly appointed Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst is aiming to bring Red Hat, an
| open-source vendor with just below $500 million in revenue as of last year,
| into the billion-dollar range in the next three years.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=2053

JBoss targets 50 percent market share by 2015, achieves 100 percent developer
retention

,----[ Quote ]
| JBoss was always an ambitious project and company. It would appear that not
| much has changed now that JBoss is a division within Red Hat, as Red Hat
| announced today its intention to push JBoss into 50 percent of enterprise
| middleware workloads by 2015. This isn't 50 percent of all installed
| middleware, but rather than half of every new enterprise middleware
| deployments in 2015 will be JBoss.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9871387-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Recent:

Red Hat Growth Recognized by Forbes Magazine

,----[ Quote ]
| From an investor's perspective (where future results are key), the list also
| seems to include those companies that the equity analyst community believes
| are positioned to deliver double-digit earnings growth well into the future.
| Given our fast, top-line growth, strong EBITDA margins and high cash flow
| yield, Red Hat is a standout company on Forbes' survey of over 2,000 public
| companies.
`----

http://www.press.redhat.com/2008/02/04/red-hat-growth-recognized-by-forbes-magazine/

Related:

Red Hat sees FY07 greater China sales up 100 pct

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Inc., a distributor of open-source Linux software, expects its
| sales in the greater China region to double in fiscal 2007 and grow by
| 85 percent in fiscal 2008, an executive said on Tuesday. "Our plan is to
| have 100 percent growth this year, and 85 percent growth next year,"
| Michael Chen, general manager of Red Hat China, told Reuters in an
| interview.
`----

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060926:MTFH04213_2006-09-26_06-26-12_SHA306441&type=comktNews&rpc=44
http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg

Red Hat sees greater China rev up 50 pct in FY09

,----[ Quote ]
| But healthy demand from enterprise clients means the region is likely to far
| outstrip total revenue growth these two years, and Red Hat hopes to capture
| that by opening another eight testing centres in mainland China within the
| next six months, Hu told Reuters in an interview on Wednesday.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCNTSHA13707720080130?rpc=44

Red Hat Named #1 IT Vendor To Do Business With By Customers In Japan

,----[ Quote ]

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070813/20070813005033.html?.v=1