[News] [Rival] Microsoft Collapses, GNUgle Rises

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Collapses, GNUgle Rises
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:52:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Exec Changes Coming Tomorrow; Mobile Head Replaced; Berkowitz Leaving

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080214/1_319951_id.html?.v=1

Many executive carry on quitting and Microsoft tries to call this "reorg" to
hide the reality.

Microsoft Just Made Google's Year

,----[ Quote ]
| And the end of the day those at Google must be shaking their heads. I think
| Larry, Sergey and Eric should send Steve a really expensive bouquet of
| flowers. He has simply made their year.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/64553-microsoft-just-made-google-s-year?source=yahoo

It's pretty clear where it's going from here. Microsoft will become a patent
troll and try to infect Linux with software patents issues such as Mono, not
to mention lockins like Silverlight and OOXML.

Related:

P. Graham: Microsoft is Dead

,----[ Quote ]
| A few days ago I suddenly realized Microsoft was dead. I was talking
| to a young startup founder about how Google was different from Yahoo.
| I said that Yahoo had been warped from the start by their fear of
| Microsoft. That was why they'd positioned themselves as a "media
| company" instead of a technology company. Then I looked at his face
| and realized he didn't understand. It was as if I'd told him how much
| girls liked Barry Manilow in the mid 80s. Barry who?
|
| Microsoft? He didn't say anything, but I could tell he didn't quite
| believe anyone would be frightened of them.
`----

http://www.paulgraham.com/microsoft.html

Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by the AAI

,----[ Quote ]
| The AAI comments on the European Court of First Instance's upholding of the
| EC's Microsoft decision, taking the USDOJ to task for poor diplomacy and
| mistaken policy in its criticism of the EC.
`----

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/Archives/miceu3.ashx

Kroes slams US criticism of EU Microsoft ruling

,----[ Quote ]
| Kroes said that it was "unacceptable" that a representative of the US
| judiciary should criticise a court of law outside his jurisdiction.
|
| “It is absolutely not done,” she told journalists on Wednesday.
|
| “The European commission does not pass judgement on US rulings and we should
| expect the same from the US.”
`----

http://www.eupolitix.com/EN/News/200709/87884c7c-c721-49b1-b6f0-5ba4ece0897c.htm

Microsoft sets spinners on court verdict

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/17/reaction_microsoft_verdict/