Re: Tell me you can do *this* in Windows

____/ RonB on Thursday 14 February 2008 15:47 : \____

> The hardest part of this Vector Linux 5.9 Standard Live install was
> finding the default password -- "vector." In less than four minutes, a
> full Desktop OS install. I'm listening to music with XMMS located on my
> portable hard drive. I've watched YouTube videos. I've viewed high
> definition QuickTime trailers. Xine is loaded. And I've added *nothing*
> to the install.
>
> Let's see Vista do this.

Windows Vista installations are a weak part (some say upgrades won't work, so a
clean install is needed). I'll give many articles to prove this, if needed.
The reason for this is that Microsoft assume[s|d] OEMs will/would forcefeed
Windows and put some unwanted junkware to reduce the cost. With increased
chances of unbundled in the EU, Microsoft ought to hurry up and improve its
installation process, or else people will turn to the fallback -- installing
GNU/Linux.

Good story. Vector seems to impress, but there's no multi-millionaire behind
it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men