[News] Dell Promotes GNU/Linux with Video, Vizioncore's P2V Coming to Linux

  • Subject: [News] Dell Promotes GNU/Linux with Video, Vizioncore's P2V Coming to Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:33:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dell Promotes Linux on the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Want to know why Dell is offering Linux on desktops and laptops for home and
| small business? They've made a video.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/dell-does-linux.html

Vizioncore Releases the Latest Virtualization Conversion Tool

,----[ Quote ]
| Q: Is Linux support planned? I've seen many P2V solutions come out that work
| with Windows, but not many that can address Linux. Is this market driven? Or
| is it just difficult to migrate a Linux machine?
|
| A: There is a market for Linux P2V. We have multiple exciting Linux
| technology solutions currently in development.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2008/02/vizioncore_rele_1.html

Related:

Google starts running Dell Linux Desktop ads

,----[ Quote ]
| While working on my personal blog site, which happens to have Google
| Adsense ads running on it, I was surprised to find Google ads for
| Linux-powered Dell desktops showing up.

Dell To Fix Misleading Advertising Links

,----[ Quote ]