[News] KDE4's AmaroK, Marble and Qt4's Beautiful UI

  • Subject: [News] KDE4's AmaroK, Marble and Qt4's Beautiful UI
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:28:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Interview: Harald Sitter about Amarok and KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| On the other hand, to be honest, I think about something that most would not
| even have in their minds when laborating this question: Oxygen. Only Oxygen
| makes KDE 4 what it is: A seamlessly beautiful system with a uniform, and
| very edgy look and feel.
`----

http://www.kubuntu-de.org/english/interview-harald-sitter-about-amarok-and-kde-4

Watch the GUI of this application:

Marble's Secrets Part III: The Earth in a Download

,----[ Quote ]
| In Part III we'll look beyond Marble's offline mode: We'll get to know how
| Marble fetches its data from the internet.
|
| [...]
|
| Actually I've met a lot of people recently who weren't aware of the fact that
| Marble downloads further texture data from the internet while browsing the
| map. On one hand the reason for this misconception is maybe the fact that we
| only provide very little additional online data right now (about 400 MB). On
| the other hand the map download is done automatically and very seamlessly in
| the background, so people will hardly notice.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3275

Recent:

Marble's Secrets Part II - Walking In The Shoes Of Slartibartfast ...

,----[ Quote ]
| In Part I we have seen how easy it is to create your own maps for Marble.
| We've also seen how this works down to the zoom level of aerial photos or
| OpenStreetMap. Part II will show how Marble manages to provide the biggest
| bang for the byte when it comes to providing map data. It outlines how we
| managed to get the default map squeezed into the 10MB package that the
| Marble-Qt version gets shipped with. We basically show ...
|
| Why Marble is the perfect choice for Asus EeePC, OLPC & Co and some Embedded
| Devices ...
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3272

Marble's Secrets Part I: Behind the Scenes of Marble...

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3269