[News] GNU/Linux and FOSS Conferences Starts in India

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux and FOSS Conferences Starts in India
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:15:00 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The World Watches As OSIW Kicks Off In Bengaluru!

,----[ Quote ]
| India's premier event on Linux and Open Source -- Open Source India Week 2008
| (OSIW) -- has just got under way, with the stage set and the big shots of the
| open source world in at Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru. The CTO
| Summit -- the first and one-of-its-kind session -- kick-started with the
| keynote of one of the open source powerhouses, Brian Behlendorf. He is the
| man behind Apache Web servers that run more than 60 per cent of the world's
| website.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/24663/news.htm

Related:

Laptops for kids? Geeks, language developers are interested

,----[ Quote ]
| "The deployment is two months old and the parents, children and teachers are
| very enthusiastic about this project," reported "Venky", as he is known in
| geek circles.
|
| Others wanted to know where they could buy the made-for-children laptop in
| India. "Would somebody tell me where do I purchase OLPC in India?" asked
| Nataraj S. Narayan via the online network.
`----

http://indiainteracts.com/gossip/2008/02/08/12941/Laptops-for-kids-Geeks-language-developers-are-interested/

One Laptop Per Child Gets The Green Light in India

,----[ Quote ]
| India may have been a late starter in adopting the powerful computer-based
| education program One Laptop Per Child (popularly known as OLPC), a
| brainchild of MIT professor Nicholas Negroponte to bridge the technology
| divide between rich and the poor children in the developing world.
`----

http://www.govtech.com/gt/216153?topic=118264

One laptop per child finds way into India

,----[ Quote ]
| The one laptop per child (OLPC) project, a brainchild of MIT professor
| Nicholas Negroponte, will soon find its way into Indian homes.
`----

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Hardware/One_laptop_per_child_finds_way_into_India/articleshow/2583239.cms

$100 laptop program still eyes India

,----[ Quote ]
| The so-called $100 laptops for children may make it to India after all.
`----

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/10/25/100.laptop.india.ap/index.html

OLPC makes its entry into India - finally!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/11/olpc-makes-its-entry-into-india-finally.html