[News] [Rival] Microsoft Confirms It Will Try Bullying Yahoo into Submission

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Confirms It Will Try Bullying Yahoo into Submission
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 05:43:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Neelie Kroes should watch this...]

Microsoft Replies To Yahoo Rejection

,----[ Quote ]
| The response to Yahoo's "no thanks" to a $44.6 billion acquisition held the
| not-so-subtle threat of a more aggressive takeover action by Microsoft.
|
| [...]
|
| "The Yahoo response does not change our belief in the strategic and financial
| merits of our proposal. As we have said previously, Microsoft reserves the
| right to pursue all necessary steps to ensure that Yahoo!’s shareholders are
| provided with the opportunity to realize the value inherent in our proposal,"
| Microsoft said in their statement.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/02/11/microsoft-replies-to-yahoo-rejection

How many shareholders might Microsoft bribe to pressure Yahoo?

Microsoft rejects Yahoo! rejection

,----[ Quote ]
| Steve Ballmer still wants to swallow Jerry Yang's company.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2008/02/11/microsoft_still_wants_yahoo/

Watch the Microsoft bullies resorting to extortion. They already do this on the
face of it.

What's behind Yahoo's rejection of Microsoft bid?

,----[ Quote ]
| "Yahoo sees its own demise in a Microsoft acquisition. My sense is that
| Yahoo's management believes that Yahoo's soul wouldn't survive as part of
| Microsoft," Sterling said.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1744253990&rid=-50

It should say: Yahoo sees Microsoft's own demise in a Microsoft acquisition,
which is turn means Yahoo's demise.

Microsoft will sink other companies like SCO as it falls further down while
trying to grab on to some startups and dinosaurs.

Ballmer is insane.

He Loves Another Company!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xCVwzOfc8

Related:

Microsoft to take case to Yahoo shareholders: report

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsoft-take-case-yahoo-shareholders/story.aspx?guid=%7B7F963245%2D5B26%2D4A77%2D8D18%2D4D2122A9D4AE%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/3dpl6n

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is threatening to launch a boardroom coup at Yahoo! within six
|              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| weeks if the internet search engine fails to accept its $45 billion (£23
| billion) hostile takeover proposal or start serious merger talks, The Times
| has learned.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article3300964.ece?EMC-Bltn=LOXCF1

Options Before Microsoft: Upping Bid; Tender Offer; Hostile Takeover; Pressure
Tactics

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/paidcontent/080209/1_319741_id.html?.v=1