[News] First Release Candidate of Linux 2.6.25 is Released

  • Subject: [News] First Release Candidate of Linux 2.6.25 is Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 07:16:49 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux 2.6.25-rc1

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, it's a bloody large -rc (as was 24-rc1, for that matter), probably
| because the 2.6.24 release cycle dragged out, so people had a lot of
| things pending.
|
| The full diff is something like 11MB and 1.4M lines of diffs, with the
| bulk of the stuff being in architecture updates and drivers.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/2/10/327

Related:

x86 Architecture Merges in 2.6.25

,----[ Quote ]
| Ingo Molnar summarized his pull request for changes to the x86 architecture
| bound for mainline inclusion in 2.6.25 noting, "it's not a small merge, it
| consists of 908 commits from 96 individual arch/x86 developers (!)".

`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/x86_Architecture_Merges_in_2.6.25

2.6.25 KVM Updates

,----[ Quote ]
| The Kernel-based Virtual Machine project, kvm, was started in mid-2006, and
| has been part of the Linux kernel since the 2.6.20 release in February of
| 2007.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/2.6.25_KVM_Updates

SCSI Targets

Core Driver Patches in the 2.6.25 Merge Window

,----[ Quote ]
| Prefacing a series of 196 patches, Greg KH noted, "due to the low level
| nature of these patches, and because they touch so many different parts of
| the kernel, a number of the subsystem maintainers have asked me to get them
| in first to make merging other trees easier." Linus Torvalds agreed and
| quickly merged the patches into his tree.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Core_Driver_Patches_in_the_2.6.25_Merge_Window

ext4 2.6.25 Merge Plans

,----[ Quote ]
| "The following patches have been in the -mm tree for a while, and I plan to
| push them to Linus when the 2.6.25 merge window opens," began Theodore Ts'o,
| offering the patches for review before they are merged.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Ext4_2.6.25_Merge_Plans

Scheduler Merges for 2.6.25

,----[ Quote ]