[News] The Road to Purely GPL Software (or Public Domain) (Batch)

  • Subject: [News] The Road to Purely GPL Software (or Public Domain) (Batch)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:14:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Support Free Software? Then Ditch Proprietary IM

,----[ Quote ]
| There are a few things that I find ironic about most Free Software geeks.
| They’ll support the philosophy of GNU and Free Software until the cows come
| home, but they’ll continue to chat with their buddies over proprietary IM
| protocols, such as MSN, Yahoo!, AIM, ICQ, Gadu Gadu, Skype and more.
`----

http://pthree.org/2008/02/25/support-free-software-then-ditch-proprietary-im/

How Appcelerator is Building the Largest Open-Source Community Dedicated to
RIAs

,----[ Quote ]
| "We’re committed to building a community that can serve the needs of all
| developers, regardless of the technologies they want to use most," Haynie
| says. All of Appcelerator’s products are currently available under a GNU
| public license (GPL), he adds, and Appcelerator also provides customers with
| commercial licensing options based on their needs and requirements.
`----

http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/500782_p.htm

Open and Free Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Dr. Stallman is the founder of the GNU project and president of the Free
| Software Foundation. He has received honorary doctorates from the University
| of Glasgow, Free University of Brussels and Universidad Nacional de Salta. In
| 1990, he was the receiver of a Macarthur foundation fellowship and has been
| elected member of the US National Academy of Engineering and the American
| Academy of Arts and Sciences.
|
| You also watch a small video from the presentation. For the all open source
| events in KTH, please stay tuned. We will organize more solaris and java
| events very soon. Hope to see you all again.
`----

http://sunkth.wordpress.com/2008/02/26/open-and-free-software/

Is public domain software open-source?

,----[ Quote ]