[News] Several GNU/Linux Laptops Compared, Another New One Coming Shortly

  • Subject: [News] Several GNU/Linux Laptops Compared, Another New One Coming Shortly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:12:16 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Battle of the Ultra-Mobile Linux Laptops: Cloudbook vs. EeePC vs. My Old
Thinkpad

,----[ Quote ]
| How much portable Linux goodness can you get for $400?
`----

http://www.popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2008-02/battle-ultra-mobile-linux-laptops-cloudbook-vs-eeepc-vs-my-old-thinkpad?page=
http://tinyurl.com/3528qr

Elonex £99 Eee PC rival to arrive in June

,----[ Quote ]
| Elonex has rolled out its sub-£100 Linux-based laptop, the One, but it looks
| like it's going to prove harder get hold of than Asus Eee PC has been.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/02/28/elonex_launches_one/

Related:

Linux Mini Clone

,----[ Quote ]
| If the ASUS P22 wasn't bad enough (now named the Nova P22), now there is a
| Linux Mini clone.  Everex built it's own clone of the Mac Mini, but this time
| they are pretty straight forward in that it is a rip off by calling
| the "mini" ( not capitalized on purpose ).  The one cool thing about the mini
| is that it comes on Linux.  Everex's last claim to fame was the $200 Linux PC
| available at Wal-Mart in 2007.
`----

http://www.macmod.com/content/view/1190/241/

Core 2 Duo mini systems run Linux