[News] Ubuntu Development Becomes More User-driven, Vote-driven

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Development Becomes More User-driven, Vote-driven
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 04:55:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Brainstorm Site Takes the Community Pulse

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu has launched a new community feedback site, dubbed Brainstorm, where
| users can post ideas and suggest improvements they'd like to see in the
| popular Linux distribution. You can also comment and vote on other people's
| suggestions and ideas for improving Ubuntu.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2008/02/ubuntu-brainsto.html

Brainstorm: Most popular ideas

http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

Wubi will be a fantastic addition (see below). You could set up a second
(Linux) partition for parents or friends _without even leaving Windows_ or
installing/download anything.

Related:

Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 5 :Makes Installation Easy !

,----[ Quote ]
| umenu : - WinFOSS and the Windows open source software have been replaced by
| umenu, a simple launcher that lets the user install Ubuntu from Windows using
| Wubi (see below), install Ubuntu to a partition without having to make their
| CD-ROM the first boot device, and find out more about Ubuntu at the Ubuntu
| Home Page | Ubuntu website.
`----

http://tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2008/02/23/ubuntu-804-alpha-5-makes-installation-easy/

Alpha spotting: Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha 5

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 8.04, a.k.a. Hardy Heron, Alpha 5 hit the wires late Friday evening. I
| downloaded my copy around 8pm Orlando local time (EST). After super and
| kitchen duty I sat down and ran the release around the four systems I have at
| home to see how it worked.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2008/02/alpha-spotting-ubuntu-804-alpha-5.html

[Installing Linux from Windows] Wubi Review

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, this tool is certainly one of the easiest ways of letting
| people try Ubuntu without removing Windows or having to partition their hard
| drive for a dual-boot.  I have enjoyed this tool, and although it is still in
| beta, it works very well and is very stable.  So, if you are running a
| computer with Windows and want to give Ubuntu a try, then this is the
| solution for you.
`----

http://jon-reagan.blogspot.com/2007/07/wubi-review.html

Wubi [Review]

,----[ Quote ]
| Now you can and you don't even have to worry about destroying your Windows
| installation and the best part of it is that you don?t even have to set up
| a separate partition for it.
|
| [...]
|
| Like I said earlier, if you've been wanting to try out Linux,
| here is your extremely easy option for getting Linux up and
| running very quickly.
`----

http://digitaldiscobash.com/2007/05/16/wubi/

Take Ubuntu for a non-invasive test drive with Wubi

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/featured-windows-download/take-ubuntu-for-a-non+invasive-test-drive-with-wubi-258936.php
http://tinyurl.com/294xxd