Re: [Roy Schestowitz tries to get one past us again] TurboTax Suffers Microsoft Dilemma, Cheaper Software Beats It

____/ Sinister Midget on Tuesday 26 February 2008 06:38 : \____

http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/22/intuit-financial-software-markets-technology-cx-ra-0222markets25.html?partner=yahootix

>>> Where did he mention open source? I didn't cut a thing. See if you can
>>> find Waldo.
>>
>> Roy was claiming that Intuit's losses were because the "proprietary
>> software monopoly and legacy" is in a gradual demise, meaning of course
>> that non-proprietary or open source is replacing it, but the article was
>> about Intuit's sales dropping because other proprietary tax products are
>> selling cheaper.
>
> Ah. So you read into it waht you /wanted/ it to say.
>
>>> What I see is his claim that proprietary products are diminishing, and
>>> even points that one is losing to cheaper products (something MS needs
>>> to pay close attention to). Nothing above shows that to be untrue. Your
>>> knee-jerk doesn't show that either.
>>
>> Cheaper proprietary products, how is that diminishing?
>
> I'm sorry. If you're having trouble reading the whole thing you'll have
> to find another adult to help you. I don't happen to have the time or
> the inclination.

There's no need to reply to the trolls really, even if it to defend the
original post, which is perfectly fine. Even though I do all of this quickly I
chose my words carefully and it's perfectly OK. The trolls are nickpicking
because they want an excuse -- ANY excuse -- to poison the Web with smears
against me.

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
Mem:    515500k total,   444460k used,    71040k free,     5260k buffers