Re: One Nation's Web Censorship Goes Titsup and Ruins Web for Everyone

On Feb 25, 6:15 am, Hadron <hadronqu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Pakistan 'sparks YouTube outage'
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7262071.stm
>
> > Pakistan YouTube ban affected other nations
> >http://www.itwire.com/content/view/16832/1054/
>
> > Related:
> > Finland censors anti-censorship site
> >http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/18/finnish_policy_censor_activist/
>
> Could someone tell me why that crazy loon Roy is posting this garbage?
> WTF has this to do with Linux?

Interesting.  "Hadron Quark" is presumably a Microsoft agent.  No
other
entity has the motivation to continually attack GNU/Linux.

An uncensored Internet is essential for the distribution of Linux, so
the
topic is quite relevant.  Open-source software can overcome DRM
censorship, as with DeCSS, thus another area of relevance.

Microsoft uses censorship to try to kill Linux.  It cuts its
advertising
spending to magazines that carry articles or ads about Linux.

Microsoft created the "Palladium" software that would implement total
government censorship of the Internet.  All attempts to send or
receive
e-mail, or to access websites, would have to request permission from
a government server.  Connection to one's ISP would involve a
cryptographic handshake that would ascertain that one's computer
was running "Palladium".  Open-source operating systems like Linux
would be banned (not issued a registration ID), because they could
fake the handshake and bypass the government server.

So Microsoft wants Internet censorship as a way to kill Linux for
good
and maintain its monopoly forever.  Microsoft would also make a
profit
by selling Palladium licenses and killing everyone's freedom.

Thus Microsoft's presumptive agent "Hadron Quark" is well motivated
to oppose discussions in COLA about Internet censorship.