[News] GPLv3 Adoption Sees Another Good Jump, RMS Turns Attention to Bigger Things

  • Subject: [News] GPLv3 Adoption Sees Another Good Jump, RMS Turns Attention to Bigger Things
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 18:24:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GPL Project Watch List for Week of 02/22

,----[ Quote ]
| Our LGPL v3 database has grown to 174 LGPL v3 projects, an increase of 19
| LGPL v3 projects or a 12% increase from our recent push.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/02/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-0222.html

Stallman relinquishing reins of GNU Emacs after 32 years

,----[ Quote ]
| After more than three decades of work, the message from Richard Stallman,
| creator of the GNU Emacs text editor and keeper of its flame since 1976.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/25335

Related:

GPL Project Watch List for Week of 02/15

,----[ Quote ]
| As of February 15th, our GPL v3 database contains 1740 GPL v3 projects, which
| is an increase of 66 GPL v3 projects, above our expected 50 new projects a
| week.
`----

http://gpl3.blogspot.com/2008/02/gpl-project-watch-list-for-week-of-0215.html

Microsoft Would Lose Patent Rights Under New Linux License Terms

,----[ Quote ]
| The final draft of GPLv3 states that companies that distribute
| open-source software cannot at the same time pursue patent claims
| against users of that software.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199800081

Trolltech to adopt GPL 3 for Qt