Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Fingerprints in SCO's Rebirth to Fight Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 22 February 2008 13:59 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 19 February 2008 05:38 : \____

>>> Of course it's Microsoft. Who else would waste money on a company with
>>> no products and no customers, whose entire business strategy depends on
>>> suing Linux companies?
>>
>> Microsoft will say: "good luck finding proof."
>>
>> The Enderle shill (yes, there's proof Microsoft pays him) already denies the
>> rumours. He published something about it last night. He refers specifically
>> to the Gates connection (possibility).
>>

> There's nothing more damning that denying a rumour...

Watch this one:

SCO acquisition wrap-up

,----[ Quote ]
| Datamation's Roy Schestowitz notes that for a company with such a troubled
| and checkered past, it's a mystery why anyone would want to come forward and
| help rescue it from certain death. "Why would anyone invest in SCO?" he
| asks. "More importantly, why now?"
|
| Groklaw's Jones may have an answer. She suggests a connection between the new
| investors and Microsoft's Bill Gates.
|
| In the end, though, all the hype may be just that -- hype. Jim Zemlin,
| executive director of The Linux Foundation, says all the theories and
| conjecture are just navel-gazing. In fact, he says the whole story is nothing
| more than "a speculator picking the bones of a defunct company. The facts of
| the SCO case haven't changed; the Linux industry is stronger than ever."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/127397

This site is often used as a de facto reference, so this will be valuable as a
historical record/future ref.

Also see the latest update:

SCO announces reorganization plan - $100 M from SNCP & "partners from the
Middle East", to go private - Updated

,----[ Quote ]
| Update: It seems Bill Gates has a friend in this picture. The two announced
| another deal last year, according to this IHT article, "Four Seasons Hotels
| agrees to bid from Gates and Alwaleed":
|
|     Gates and Alwaleed have collaborated for at least two years. After
|     attending a dinner at Gates's home in Bellevue, Washington, in early
|     2004, Alwaleed agreed to explore ways to assist Microsoft's expansion in
|     Saudi Arabia.
|
| So, there's Waldo.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Reversi for free: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    515500k total,   444812k used,    70688k free,     2588k buffers