[News] Free Software Winners Announced by LinuxQuestions

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Winners Announced by LinuxQuestions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:31:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
2007 LinuxQuestions.org Members Choice Award Winners

,----[ Quote ]
| The polls are closed and the results are in. We had a record number of votes
| cast for the seventh straight year. Congratulations should go to all
| nominees. We had some extremely close races this year. Without further ado,
| here are the winners:
|
| Desktop Distribution of the Year - Ubuntu (30.83%)
| Server Distribution of the Year - Debian (30.30%)
| Live Distribution of the Year - KNOPPIX (22.88%)
| Database of the Year - MySQL (54.36%)
| Office Suite of the Year - OpenOffice.org (89.50%)
| Browser of the Year - Firefox (74.03%)
| Desktop Environment of the Year - KDE (52.08%)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-news-59/2007-linuxquestions.org-members-choice-award-winners-622825/

Related and recent:

DreamWorks wins an award for its innovative use of Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9865829-16.html