[News] Half a Billion Downloads of Mozilla Firefox Counted

  • Subject: [News] Half a Billion Downloads of Mozilla Firefox Counted
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:22:29 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Firefox downloaded over 500 million times

,----[ Quote ]
| The Firefox web browser has now been downloaded over 500 million times, a
| significant milestone for the open source software project. To celebrate the
| occasion, Mozilla has teamed up with FreeRice and is encouraging Firefox
| users to help feed the hungry.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/02/21/firefox-downloaded-over-500-million-times

There's also this short review:

Firefox 3 Beta: Good Enough Now and Getting Better

,----[ Quote ]
| Users of the Windows and Linux versions of Firefox 3.0 will notice only a few
| changes to the way the browser looks. There's a new back/forward button that
| looks like a sideways keyhole in the Windows version, the Home button has
| been moved to a row of shortcut buttons below the navigation toolbar, and the
| look of the icons have been tweaked a bit.

Internet Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 Turns Up The Heat On The Competition

,----[ Quote ]
| The new Beta release of Firefox 3.0 is drawing glowing reviews, is shaping up
| by some's estimates to be an "IE slayer"
`----

http://www.tamilstar.com/news/publish/article_5298.shtml

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
| during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
| point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

Quick Review: Firefox 3 Beta 3

,----[ Quote ]