[News] [Rival] Flood of Complaints Over Intel Corruptions; New Complaint Against Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Flood of Complaints Over Intel Corruptions; New Complaint Against Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:34:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Intel overwhelmed by EU complaints

,----[ Quote ]
| So many charges, so little time.
|
| Intel Chairman Craig Barrett appears overwhelmed by a European Union
| investigation into the company's actions. Earlier this month, European
| Competition Commission officials busted open Intel offices in Munich, hunting
| for documents related to alleged price fixing with retailers. That raid added
| to an existing EC investigation into Intel's business practices.
`----

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/02/22/intel_barrett_eu_gripe/

Google's Brin: Microsoft bid 'unnerving'

,----[ Quote ]
| The Internet has evolved from open standards, having a diversity of
| companies.
|
| [...]
|
| And when you start to have companies that control the operating system,
| control the browsers, they really tie up the top Web sites, and can be used
| to manipulate stuff in various ways. I think that's unnerving.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1700ap_microsoft_google.html

The EU is spending a lot of valuable time on this pair. Time to just embargo
and call it a day?

Related:

Microsoft, The European Union, and the United States: A Statement by the AAI

,----[ Quote ]
| The AAI comments on the European Court of First Instance's upholding of the
| EC's Microsoft decision, taking the USDOJ to task for poor diplomacy and
| mistaken policy in its criticism of the EC.
`----

http://www.antitrustinstitute.org/Archives/miceu3.ashx

Kroes slams US criticism of EU Microsoft ruling

,----[ Quote ]
| Kroes said that it was "unacceptable" that a representative of the US
| judiciary should criticise a court of law outside his jurisdiction.
|
| “It is absolutely not done,” she told journalists on Wednesday.
|
| “The European commission does not pass judgement on US rulings and we should
| expect the same from the US.”
`----

http://www.eupolitix.com/EN/News/200709/87884c7c-c721-49b1-b6f0-5ba4ece0897c.htm

Microsoft sets spinners on court verdict

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/17/reaction_microsoft_verdict/