[News] [Rival] Microsoft Acquires When It's Already Too Late

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Acquires When It's Already Too Late
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:49:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Isn't Microsoft More Proactive in Acquisitions?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever notice that Microsoft -- with cash to burn apparently -- waits for the
| obvious to become inevitable and then ends up paying huge premiums for
| companies in order to catch up to reality? We saw it with aQuantive,
| Softricity and Groove Networks.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/59544-why-isn-t-microsoft-more-proactive-in-acquisitions?source=yahoo

Maybe the answer is below.

Earlier today:

Microsoft's acquisitions point man is departing (at MarketWatch)

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/microsofts-acquisitions-point-man-departing/story.aspx?guid=%7BAD549553%2D1F01%2D4FCA%2DB529%2D3CF82C2DBC2E%7D&siteid=yhoof
http://tinyurl.com/2qlclh

ValueClick Sees FTC Probe Ending Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Vadnais also said recent acquisitions by Google Inc. and Microsoft Corp. of
| other companies in ValueClick's sector "haven't had any impact up until this
| point."
|
| Google's $3.1 billion cash buyout of DoubleClick Inc. still faces regulatory
| hurdles in Europe, and Microsoft's aQuantive Inc. -- which the company bought
| for $6 billion in May -- does not operate in many of the same areas as
| ValueClick, Vadnais said.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080109/valueclick_conference.html?.v=1Go

Related:

Google beats Microsoft, Coke in brand stakes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1014_3-6178310.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news