[News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option

  • Subject: [News] Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablets Get KDE Option
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:17:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Unofficial KDE DEB packages released for Nokia Internet Tablets

,----[ Quote ]
| Last year, an industrious hacker known as Penguinbait provided instructions
| that described how to install the KDE desktop environment on Nokia Internet
| Tablet devices. As we noted at the time, the instructions required extensive
| use of the command-line and were not really geared towards a mainstream
| audience. Fortunately, the availability of recently released unofficial KDE
| Maemo port packages vastly simplifies development.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2008/01/09/unofficial-kde-deb-packages-released-for-nokia-internet-tablets

Related:

KDE on the IT

| KDE and all it's supporting programs have been compiled for the Internet
| Tablet, and it works b-e-a-utifully. I've installed this sucker on my N770
| and it purrs like a kitten, believe it or not ;)
`----

http://geekpenguin.blogspot.com/2007/09/kde-on-it.html

Run the Palm OS on your Nokia Internet Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The Garnet VM Beta for Nokia Nseries was created by ACCESS, who is the
| company that bought PalmSource. You can now run virtually all your favorite
| Palm OS applications on the Nokia Internet Tablets and I can’t wait to try
| out a few of my favorite apps.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=683

30,000 Palm apps coming to Nokia webpads