Re: Name for encumbered Linuxes?

On 2008-01-10, Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> On 2008-01-09, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>>> ____/ Bob Tennent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 13:17 : \____

>>> I tried this before, but people take offence in that. When words
>>> like 'infected' or 'tainted' are used, I've faced comparisons to Nazi
>>> propaganda from a pro-Novell zealot (others attacked him for suggesting
>>> this).
>>
>> Who cares what a pro-Noveller thinks of the label? How many real
>> backers (versus additional socks) does he really have? Billy, Blammer,
>> a few freaks like DuFus and analus headupus, maybe a Timmy or two, and
>> certainly an Ewik.
>>
>> If Novell and s/h/it's monions wanted to remain on good terms with
>> linux users, they should've steered clear of selling their whorish
>> bodies to M$.
>>

> Indeed... they would have loyal customers, willing to spend the money on
> their products. Right about now, they're probably feelin pretty lonely,
> especially after the layoffs...

I'll admit that I hadn't been an ardent supporter of SuSE in the past.
They were good, but I liked some other things even more (I'm a bit fond
of things being a tiny bit rough around the edges - it's more fun). I
was starting to take a shine to it, though, because it worked better
out of the box with some oddball wireless stuff that I have.

They almost had me hooked. But they blew it when they sold their souls.
I have trouble getting myself to play around with openSUSE because of
the association, too, even though I don't think they're anywhere near
as closely-knit as they once were.

--
A child's face says it all, especially the mouth part of the face.