Re: Gates on OLPC

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 09 January 2008 09:20 : \____

>> ____/ Rex Ballard on Tuesday 08 January 2008 18:54 : \____

>>> I wonder if the fact that Microsoft and the Gates foundation keep
>>> having private conversations with the leaders who are about to adopt
>>> OLPCs may have something to do with it.  At the moment, OLPCs are on
>>> Back-order.  They can't keep up with the demand.
>>
>> Microsoft actively sabotaged and intervened. Intel is dumping.
>>
>> Africa's digital poster child
>>
>> "The renovation has been paid for by the government and Intel, with the chip
>> firm covering the majority of the costs of the technology."

>> Their claims of charity are nothing but a case of cut-throat competition.
>> It's like robber barons claiming credit for 'helping' the very same people
>> they exploit.
>>

> Bullies always look for the weakest target, in this case, the OLPC
> programme.

We should really send some puppies and babies over to Intel's headquarters and
see if they ever come back alive. What's most stunning is Intel's ability to
hide criminal behaviour (I'll post another examples shortly) while keeping a
clear PR sheet in the press. It's almost the same as Disney, which is racist,
self-centric, and has already admitted to caring not about children's
education, but only about money (leaked correspondence).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
Cpu(s): 25.0%us,  4.1%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.8%id,  3.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.1%si,  0.0%st