Re: [News] Too Many Installers Myth Debunked, Another Distro Launched (Diamond Linux)

Micoshaft Asstroturfer SW wrote on behalf of Micoshaft Corporation:

> [H]omer wrote:
>

>> I've just spent the last *three days* (yes, it really took that long)
>

> It took me exactly 30 minutes and two to install XP Pro with SP3.
> Restoring an older image would have taken less than 15 minutes. Add
> another 25-30 mins to install Office 2003, Flash, PDF reader and a few
> other utilities.

If expee install without apps took you 57 minutes in your fast machine, then
I have news for you. Linux installs the OS with apps and utils
and a lot more in 40 minutes. You can try this with Ubuntu, or the
Knoppix DVD and then go suck eggs for your idiocy.

The apps are just too numerous to mention. For example, Open Office,
PDF readers, several window managers, ssh, webserver, xmaxima,
gimp, gcc, dd, audacity, kontact, k3b, qcad, etc..

>> performing my once-in-a-blue-moon update to my Billy Box; a marathon
>> effort involving a visit to about 100 software vendors' websites, as
>
> *LOL*

Yes it is a big laugh isn't it, now that it can be proven
to management that windummies appear to be spending
a vast amount of company time having to hunt web shites
for micoshaft drivers and updates to get a simple PC working.
If it were down to me, I wouldn't allow windopw zealots
anywhere near a PC - I'd get one of the Linux guys
to wipe it and install the relevant apps from Linux
repository.

>> many reboots, and countless hours attempting to resolve a litany of
>> software issues. In the end, I gave up and simply restored the system
>> from a disk image to a known "good" state ... "good" being a comparative
>> term.
>>

> You are an idiot and a liar.

I find you are the liar, idiot and typical gaseous windummy zealotically
posting on behalf of micoshaft corporation in a Linux newsgroup.