Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

____/ Robert M. Stockmann on Wednesday 09 January 2008 00:02 : \____

> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 10:20:46 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:
>

>> Interesting article on that subset of open source advocates that are
>> open source conspiracy theorists:
>>
>> <http://brucebyfield.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/conspiracy-theorists-and-fr
>> ee-software/>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/293qbg>
>>
>> And a response that is also interesting:
>>
>> <http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2008-01-04-016-26-OP-CY>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/26xm8t>
>>
>> (BTW, Schestowitz has commented over on Digg that he thinks they are
>> talking about his site).
>
> The Conspiracy is very real
>
> "The problem with conspiracy nuts is that it affects their eyesight."
>
> The problem with conspiracies is that only people affected start to expose
> the conspiracy. I reckon I'm one of the directly affected ones. people not
> directly involved will never see the evidence, hence are not tempted to
> validate the presented evidence.
>
> The conspiracy sometimes does get reported and written down. A good
> example is the following :
>
> Here's a quote from page 159 inside :
>
> "Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of
>  the Age of Oil (Paperback)" by Michael C. Ruppert, Catherine Austin Fitts
>  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0865715408/103-64 07146-8266248
>
> http://crashrecovery.org/us-army-unix.jpg
>
> "It was also not by coincidence then that, in the same winter of 1994-95,
>  McCoy revealed to me that he was using former Green Berets to conduct
>  surveillance of the Washington, DC offices of Microsoft in connection
>  with the PROMIS case. FTW ("From the Wilderness") has, within the last
>  month, received information indicating that piracy of Microsoft products
>  at the GE Aerospace Herndon facility were likely tied to larger
>  objectives, possibly the total compromise of any Windows-based product.
>  It is not by chance that most of the military and all of the intelligence
>  agencies in the US now operate on UNIX or Macintosh systems."
>
> Is this for real? I think it is, as things like Linux and Open Source,
> Internet with free access to information are in direct conflict with what
> the establishment is aiming for. The endresult is that blog sites and
> Brian profit's linuxtoday.com are earning a living reporting this, and we
> today have open source webbrowsers like Firefox/Mozilla which directly
> undercut the above quoted. So don't worry. What makes me tired is of
> people who still keep talking, in 2008, that conspiracy nuts do have a
> problem.
>
> If some day a sane US president is _ELECTED_, i propose to award Richard
> Stallman with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Cause thats what we are
> fighting for here.
>
> Robert

It turns out that some trolls incited Bruce Byfield against him. One person,
foe example, abused Byfield and signed with my name. Bastards!

http://boycottnovell.com/2008/01/07/mistake-bruce-byfield/

If this carries on, I'll just comment in sites where thee is verification of
identity.

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
Tasks: 169 total,   1 running, 168 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie