Re: [News] Sony Claims Victory with Blu-Ray, 1.2 Million Holiday Sales of Linux-ready PS3s

> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 07:08 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 07 January 2008 18:46 : \____

>>> The higher definition is for Hollywood. It helps when they can make old
>>> content 'expire' (no longer be playable). They are drying people up, so to
>>> speak, and people then have to go out and get some more. Same situation with
>>> Microsoft Office...
>>>

>> I'm sure they'll be looking forward to reselling all that same content.
>> In a shopping mall in Canada over xmas, I saw lots of blue-ray films of
>> "old favourites" such as the terminator series.  Why would you buy those
>> /again/, I wonder?
>
> Another industry worth accusing for this tactic is the fashion industry.

To a point, yes, but at least when you buy something new, you /really/
get to buy it and wear it and use it.  It's yours.  I can't see sense
and rationality ever adding much to the (human) fertilisation game...