Re: [News] Novell Loses Top Executive One Year After Selling Out

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 08 January 2008 07:19 : \____

>> He's out.
>>
>> LaSala Named Discovery General Counsel
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Most recently, LaSala served as senior vice president, general counsel and
>>| secretary for Novell, where he served as a member of Novell?s executive
>>| leadership team and had responsibility for all legal matters affecting
>>| Novell on a worldwide basis, including corporate governance, intellectual
>>| property, contract management, licensing, anti-piracy, regulatory
>>| compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation. LaSala joined Novell
>>| in 2001 when the company acquired Cambridge Technology Partners, where he
>>| served as senior vice president, general counsel and secretary since 2000.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6517802.html?industryid=47200
>>

> Clearly he's not convinced that the cash coming in from Microsoft will
> be enough to hold Novell up in the long run.

I've been gentle with Novell. A few hours later I found out that there was a
staff exodus in Novell South Africa, but I didn't post this to COLA. ;-)

Deals with Microsoft are great, aren't they? So think Ron Hovsepian...

"Don’t encourage new, cross-platform Java classes, especially don’t help get
great Win 32 implementations written/deployed. (..) Do encourage fragmentation
of the Java classlib space."
                --Ben Slivka, Microsoft