[News] Matt Asay: Web 2.0 and Open Source Software Have Won

  • Subject: [News] Matt Asay: Web 2.0 and Open Source Software Have Won
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:55:22 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Web 2.0 and open source: We've already won

,----[ Quote ]
| In both cases, these businesses are focused on fostering abundance and then
| the value they sell is providing order in the chaos, just as Google and Red
| Hat do, in their respective ways. In both cases, they're building their
| future with open source.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9843130-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

MindTouch updates its open source enterprise wiki

,----[ Quote ]
| MindTouch is projecting that from July 2007 to June 2008 it will tally
| 300,000 downloads, up from 10,000 in its first year of release, Lie noted.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=973174169&rid=-50

That's quite some annual growth.

Related:

European spend on open source software hits 22bn Euros

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single7850