Re: Vista DRM blocking legal video downloads

* Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

> ____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Monday 07 January 2008 19:27 : \____
>
>> <Quote>
>> Windows Vista's increased anti-copying protection is already leading
>> some customers of movie services to find themselves locked out of
>> content they have legal rights to watch, users are reporting today.
>> </Quote>
>>
>> http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/01/04/vista.drm.and.netflix/
>
> When you enter an age when /disablement/ becomes a 'feature', then that's
> trouble. I'm not just talking about access to media, but also availability of
> physical hardware. This is insane. As the old saying goes, "what where they
> THINKING?"

  Netflix has reportedly asked the author to downgrade to a
  lower-resolution display to ensure he can view movies from multiple
  services.

If something like this becomes widely known and persists, this could
drive more people to Linux (once XP is defunct) than any number of Vista
bugs.

--
This sig has expired.  Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to