Re: conspiracy theorists and open source

* Tim Smith fired off this tart reply:

> Interesting article on that subset of open source advocates that are
> open source conspiracy theorists:
>
> <http://brucebyfield.wordpress.com/2008/01/02/conspiracy-theorists-and-fr
> ee-software/>
> <http://tinyurl.com/293qbg>

Pfffft.

   1. That subset is extremely small.

   2. If you're feeling paranoid, that doesn't mean they aren't out to
      get you.

Feeling paramoid about Microsoft is quite understandable, given their
incredible track record for astroturfing, violating or using materials
covered by non-disclosure agreements, lobbying to push their agenda or
to get people sacked, using their leverage to stifle, or even destroy,
competition.

Feeling paranoid about Gnome or the FSF is quite another thing.

> And a response that is also interesting:
>
> <http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2008-01-04-016-26-OP-CY>
> <http://tinyurl.com/26xm8t>

   But I do not think that all uncivil, emotionally reasoned arguments
   should be completely ignored, either. They may not be pleasant, but
   the truth can come in many forms.

--
This sig has expired.  Please reactivate your sig by paying $0.25
and entering the 30-character activation key that will be emailed to