Re: Hollywood Goes Too Far to Protect Content

<posted & mailed>

____/ Jerry McBride on Friday 04 January 2008 17:06 : \____

> And they wonder why people have the audacity to hack DRM restrictions. The
> stuff really scares the hell out of me and I can;t for the life of me
> understand why people even bother to buy into this crap...

They don't know. Microsoft capitalises on such ignorance by using such things
as 'default formats' that are proprietary. The company actually openly
expressed this evil scheme in some leaked E-mails, IIRC (can't think of an
easy way, e.g. a phrase, to find this ATM). Don't forget Gates' "the average
PC user has the brain of a spidermonkey" remark, either.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows leaves me peckish
         run-level 2  2007-12-10 11:12                   last=