[News] GNU/Linux Takes Steps to Protect Data, Users

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Takes Steps to Protect Data, Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 08:54:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Proactively Preventing Data Corruption

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gains end-to-end data integrity protection
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/480659.htm

OLPC has new exciting things going on as well.

Quantum Cryptography

,----[ Quote ]
| Quantum cryptography is the oldest and best developed application of the
| field of quantum information science.
|
| Although it is frequently perceived as an encryption method, it is really a
| scheme to securely distribute correlated random numbers between the
| communicating parties and thus better described as quantum key distribution
| (QKD).
`----

http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Quantum_Cryptography

Last week:

Microsoft's Windows Home Server corrupts files

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9054178