Re: Microsofts secret open standard ..

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 03 January 2008 17:13 : \____

> Something tells me that even if Microsoft did openly present all the
> information they had on interoperating with their file formats, it
> would still be a god-awful, miserable job trying to implement it,
> because of poor design decisions going back many years, design
> decisions based on screwing the competition instead of on clarity or
> technical excellence, and because of poorly implemented and poorly
> documented spaghetti code.   Life's too short for that kind of crap.
> Who would want to do it?  I'd much rather program on something that
> was well designed from the beginning (like Linux).

There's too much dependency. OOXML is also O/S-dependent, so full documentation
would be MSO07 source code, which then depends on other /Windows/ libraries
with OLE garbage (Microsoft terminology), which requires even /more/ source
code to be opened. Never mind patents and copyrights...

OOXML is--as I constantly repeat--a fraud. Of massive proportions in fact
because people lose jobs, get bribed, and lied to systematically.

Watching the OOXML saga is like watching a crime scene. You just hope that a
policeman will come along and listen to your story as an eyewitness. If only
that policeman was brave enough to deal with the undercover world and the
mafia that would have him shot (or fired)...

Charity: compensating for a broken system rather than actually fixing it
 03:20:04 up 24 days, 16:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.88, 0.75, 1.14