Re: One in a Hundred Uses Windows (Was: Federal agencies ban Windows Vista)

____/ Ramon F Herrera on Thursday 03 January 2008 13:25 : \____

> "As Microsoft is out touting the "wow" of Windows Vista, two federal
> agencies are among those saying "whoa."
>
> The Department of Transportation (DOT) and the National Institute of
> Standards and Technology (NIST) cite fear of compatibility problems as
> one of the reasons not to allow their tens of thousands of employees
> to upgrade to Microsoft's latest operating system."
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6166868.html?tag=nl.e550
> http://tinyurl.com/2elups

Only 1% in businesses, buddy. 1% in one whole year, after $500,000,000+ of
spendings on marketing and despite forced preinstallations of Vista, which
nobody wants (people pay extra just to dump it).

Published yesterday:

,----[ Quote ]
| A year after it  began shipping, less than one percent of corporate desktops
| are running Vista.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/01/will_windows_vi.html

In supercomputing, by the way, looking at top500, Windows _as a whole_ has a
market share of just 1% after _years_ in the area.

"I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
public good."
                --Adam Smith