Re: longest without a reboot

On Jan 3, 1:49 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I once read this tip in Linux Journal (Tom Adelstein?) or Linux.com
> (Bruce Byfield?). Either way, I made no adjustment to OOo. It runs with a
> GNOME-ish (GTK) theme under KDE, which means it has to load some extra libs in
> KDE, yet it takes just seconds to run without any preloading. As I said, don't
> ask me how, but I'm not lying. It takes me a little longer than 3 seconds
> because my RAM and swap is always nearly full (I multitask with little memory
> available).

About the same time it takes me. I do alot of multitasking myself, but
mine hardly takes any memory, since most of mine is done through
command line.

> > I didn't need to do this, but it may help, to get down the start up
> > time.
>
> > /Your friendly neighbourhood Ewok
>
> Tom Shelton is quite polite and intelligent, but he is usually here just to
> pour cold water on GNU/Linux, so prejudice should be justified. Suspicion
> rather...

I found that the best way of dealing with this kind of behaviour is to
be polite and kind in response. Otherwise we just give fuel to fire.
Plus, sometimes it may actually be someone who is a serious person. If
one isn't polite in that situation, it may come back to haunt you very
long. Internet trolls never forget, when it serves their purpose.

/Your friendly neighbourhood ewok