[News] Video: Nintendo Wii Runs GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Video: Nintendo Wii Runs GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 04:20:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Wii Been Hacked! Runs Cutest Linux Ever!

,----[ Quote ]
| We all knew it was just a matter of time, but now we have video evidence. The
| Wii has been totally haxored! That's right, just check out the video below
| and take a look at what these guys have accomplished. In all honestly, about
| half of what they say is Greek to me, but I'm impressed with the final result
| nonetheless.
`----

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/681818/Wii_Been_Hacked_Runs_Cutest_Linux_Ever.html

Hackers: 1; Nintendo: 0.

Recent:

Nintendo Wii fully hacked for native homebrew

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wii was compromised pretty early on to be able to play burned discs and
| GameCube homebrew such as Linux, but until now Nintendo has managed to
| isolate Wii hardware such as the extra horsepower of the console and wireless
| connectivity from hackers. But the walls are coming down. Some hackers from
| Germany have just showed off their fully hacked Wii at the 24th Annual Chaos
| Communication Congress.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/28/nintendo-fully-hacked-for-native-homebrew/

Related: