Re: [News] The Ugly Sides of the MySQL/Sun Arrangement

> ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 17 January 2008 13:15 : \____

>>> Extinguishing LAMP
>>
>> I don't think so, after all, its all GPL - right?
>>
>> No worries.
>
> I hope the same goes for Xen, but nobody has forked it yet. Actually, Citrix
> put a coupla' dozen more engineers in the open source team, IIRC.

It's very unlikely that anyone would be foolish enough to try to
proprietarise these projects, although I don't know that mysql have ever
accepted code from anyone else, so Sun could be in a position to change
the licensing going forward, and might just get away with it.  It
wouldn't be the end of the world, though, as the GPLed version would be
forked, just like with X.org, and in due course, we'd have a free
version again.  Personally, though, I don't think that will be
necessary.