[News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Telephony Means Trouble

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Telephony Means Trouble
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 14:41:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
2008 - the year VoIP gets hacked?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Office Communications Server is, apparently, what the
| forward-looking hacker is currently reading up on. The potential of using
| unified communications for all sorts of fraud becomes easier when it's
| controlled from one place.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/17/voip_security_2008/

A colleague's Windows PC has just totally collapsed. The IT 'professionals'
spent a long trying to bring Windows back to life, to no avail. He already
knows most Windows PCs are infected and he'll be looking into Linux.

He lost data. He lost a lot of time too.

Related:

Linux in Telecommunications

,----[ Quote ]
| On the other hand, Linux business applications for smaller telcos,
| and in the longer term for large organizations, offer freedom of
| choice in hardware that does not make a company captive of any particular
| vendor. "We are seeing a strong market response to our Linux-based
| product," said Iperia's Art Leondires. "Our customers see that the
| reliability of Linux is right up there with the reliability of other
| proprietary systems, but Linux gives our customers freedom in their
| hardware purchase decisions."
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3458/

Linux dominating VoIP devices?