[News] Virtualisation and Linux Still Very Cozy

  • Subject: [News] Virtualisation and Linux Still Very Cozy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:08:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Virtually Speaking: FalconStor, Virtual Iron Eye Virtual Storage

,----[ Quote ]
| The eight-year-old FalconStor provides disk-based data protection products.
| Its Linux-based software is written for standards-based Intel and AMD
| servers.
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3721776

The 'Other' Open Source Virtualization Option

,----[ Quote ]
| This week, OpenVZ set out to expand its reach by adding support for Ubuntu
| Linux 7.10.
|
| [...]
|
| OpenVZ software includes user tools to help automate of virtual server
| management. Support is available for free and at cost.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3721931

Quote for the day:

"We do NOT want to ship the ’standard’ with Windows because we want to make the
native APIs more attractive. We want to evolve the standard APIs rapidly, and
not have ISVs [independent software vendors] spending time on something that
is cross-platform. "

                                --Chairman Bill Gates

Related:

Apple, Linux Set to Get Cozy