Re: Who here uses Open Source Software for Serious Work?

____/ Rex Ballard on Wednesday 16 January 2008 16:09 : \____

> Feel free to describe HOW you use these tools, on the desktop or in
> conjunction with a server.

Everything I use on the desktop is free open source software. On the server,
I'm not sure if cPanel counts as open. I suppose I could check, but either
way, there's rarely a good reason to use Windows nowadays unless some boss of
yours decides that some Windows-only application is a must or someone who
doesn't know better buys you a gift that isn't Linux-compatible.

"It just tells you how desperate Microsoft is for a competitor that they’re
holding up a software box produced by 100 guys in the hills of North Carolina.
Who are they trying to kid?"

                --Robert Young, CEO of Red Hat