[News] Linux Has Bright Future Ahead in Large Commputers

  • Subject: [News] Linux Has Bright Future Ahead in Large Commputers
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:55:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A high day ahead for Linux HPC

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux and High Performance Computing go hand in hand. So to see what
| Australian users have been doing with Linux and HPC, this year's
| linux.conf.au is holding a Birds of a Feather session on the topic. Before
| the session kicks off we take time to speak to the BoF coordinator Anthony
| David. During the working day David works for SGI as the onsite engineer for
| the Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing (APAC).
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1988122930;fp;2;fpid;4

91% and still growing each year, in terms of market share. What's that FUD
about Linux having low market share?

Related:

Linux in more than 90% of top supercomputers

,----[ Quote ]
| Other operating systems, such as AIX (4.8%), Solaris (0.4%) and Mac OS X
| (0.4%) make the list, but Linux is alone at the top, where it is used in 459
| systems or 91.8% of the top supercomputer systems.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2007/11/15/linux-in-more-than-90-of-top-supercomputers/
http://tinyurl.com/2rponk

Windows for Supercomputers needs less memory than Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;2091560903;fp;2;fpid;1