[News] [Rival] Microsoft and Feds (USPTO) Try to Change Rules of the Game

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft and Feds (USPTO) Try to Change Rules of the Game
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 02:35:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft revs its patent machine

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, which once was only a modest customer of the U.S. Patent and
| Trademark Office, has been one of its biggest customers in recent years.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13860_3-9851948-56.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=BeyondBinary

Yes. "Innovation" excuses. As Stallman recent said, it's a "government-imposed
monopoly". The criminals at Redmond still try to work new rules, never mind
the briberies, the bullying, the extortions...

WordLogic Corp. Gets Second European Patent

,----[ Quote ]
| WordLogic Corp. announced that European Patent No. 1356368 has been granted
| by the European Patent Office for the invention Data Entry Method And System
| For Personal Computer,
`----

http://www.macroworldinvestor.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=288790271

Innovative!

"If it [the timing of the donation] had anything to do with the antitrust case,
we would have told someone."

                        --Ms. Stonifer, director William H. Gates Foundation

Related:

Microsoft infringing on one of Apple Patents?

,----[ Quote ]
| Keep in mind I am not a patent researcher, and I am sure Apple is not
| going to sue Microsoft for abusing one of their patents, but it does
| at least look like Microsoft is abusing this patent.
`----

http://www.noheat.com/2007/06/22/microsoft-infringing-on-one-of-apple-patents/

Moglen: Microsoft-Novell raises GPL questions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6132156.html?part=rss&tag=6132156&subj=news