[News] Macs Eat Windows, Leave Door Open for Linux

  • Subject: [News] Macs Eat Windows, Leave Door Open for Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:36:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mac sales up over 40 percent year-over-year

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple later this month is expected to announce fiscal first quarter revenues
| of nearly $10 billion for the three-month period ending December, fueled
| largely by the ongoing resurgence of the company's personal computer
| business, according to one Wall Street analyst.
`----

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/01/14/mac_sales_up_over_40_percent_year_over_year.html

Not much to abolish Linux phones though:

Iphone won't hit sales target

,----[ Quote ]
| So Apple has gone right past the hot sales season and still has six million
| handsets to sell. There have been persistent rumours that O2 has been gagged
| over its actual UKIphones sales.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/16/iphone-won-hit-sales-target

Apple announcement just a load of hot Air

,----[ Quote ]
| When all was said and done, it was hardly a wasted journey to ol' London
| town - but the blatant second-class citizenship of the UK is a little hard to
| swallow. Even more irritating than this were the group of journalists that
| insisted on clapping along with Steve's announcements on the big screen. I
| don't think anybody told them the satellite link didn't go two ways.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/15/load-hot-air

Related:

Symbiotic: What Apple Does for Open Source

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/12/18/symbiotic-what-apple-does-for-open-source/#more-1378